Thank you to everyone who voted and participated in the WGM Annual Meeting on June 25. If you were unable to attend the meeting, you can watch the video here.
As a result of the election, we welcome the following Board members for terms starting September 1.
New Board Members:
- Amanda Anderson, President Elect
- Barb Daiker, Member at Large
- Neal Goman, Member at Large
- Keith Pierce, Member at Large
Returning Board members:
- Melba Granlund, Member at Large
- Sarah Nassif, Member at Large
The incoming representatives join these members on WGM’s Board for the next fiscal year (September 1, 2020-August 31, 2021), serving in the following roles:
- Linda Soranno, President starting September 2020
- Celeste P. Grant, Past President starting September 2020
- Matthew Schutz, Treasurer, through August 2021
- Brittany Pentek, Secretary, through August 2021
- Carol S. Carter, Member at Large, through August 2021
- Dawn Gilette-Kircher, Member at Large, through August 2021
- Barbara Heath, Member at Large, through August 2021
- Mary M. Mateer, Member at Large, through August 2021
- Katie Oberton, Member at Large, through August 2021
- Elizabeth Schutz, Member at Large, through August 2021
- Beth Varro, Member at Large, through August 2021
We thank the Board members whose terms end on August 31, 2020:
- Maddy Bartsch, President in FY19, currently serving as Past President
- Karen Mallin, Member at Large
- Anna Landes Benz, Member at Large
Maddy was largely responsible for the video snapshots co-produced with TPT during her time as guild president. Karen worked enthusiastically on the Nominating and Development Committees and Anna has spearheaded the reawakened Development Committee. Thank you all, for these incredible efforts!
Thank you to everyone who particpated in the election proceedings and voted online. More than 110 members voted! Our quorom is 10% of the membership at the time of the election (60 out of nearly 600 members). We are proud to have such an engaged membership body.
WGM Board meetings
The Weavers Guild of Minnesota Board generally meets the 4th Thursday of the month at 5:30pm (exceptions: no November meeting; first Thursday of December; no meeting the month of the Annual meeting). Due to Covid-19, the Board has been meeting via Zoom.
Board meetings are open to any member who would like to attend. If you would like to sit in on the meeting, please email the Board secretary, Brittany Pentek at email@example.com for the Zoom link and password in advance of the meeting.
The next Board meetings will be July 23, August 27, and September 24.