Reference Library & Swatch Archives
WGM Reference Library
Located in the Weavers Guild classrooms, the guild maintains a reference section of non-circulating books and magazines.
- WGM has many rare and current books focused on weaving and spinning.
- Non-circulating books, located in the large classroom, are for reference use only.
- A large collection of magazines, including Handwoven, Spin-Off, and VÄV, are housed in the spinning room.
- Recent issues of Handwoven & Spin-Off magazine are available for purchase in the WGM office.
- Some used and duplicate copies of the books and magazines are available for purchase in the WGM office and Textile Center Library.
The Swatch Archives is a collection of woven samples made by members. The collection is an excellent resource for students and members for project inspiration. It spans several decades of the Guild’s existence, reflecting the history of weaving. The structures, materials, and the colors of the swatches each reflect a moment in time and place.
Each swatch is attached to a weaving draft, and the swatches are organized by weave structure. Anyone can access the swatches, but they may not leave WGM. The collection is stored in WGM’s spinning classroom.
The Swatch Archives were featured in WGM’s 75th Anniversary Book, A Thread Through Time.
Textile Center Pat O’Connor Library
Textile Center’s Library is located just adjacent to the Weavers Guild offices, inside the Textile Center building. This circulating collection includes more than 27,000 textile books, magazines and publications. Library materials are available for checkout to Textile Center members and to member organizations who participate in library membership, including the Weavers Guild.
You can search Textile Center Pat O’Connor Library Catalog online. Search for books, check to see when your books are due and explore the collection online.