AS OF 6/1/2021: Donations of small items (yarn, fiber, tools, small equipment and books) are paused. Please check back fall 2021 for an update on when we will accept items again and what items we will accept.
For inquiries concerning donations of floor looms: email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Guild is happy to receive donations of items related to weaving and spinning. Donated items are sold via Fiber Source or the WGM Classifieds to support guild programs.
- We accept floor looms in good working condition.
- Floor looms are re-sold through the WGM Classifieds
- We do not accept floor looms on-site.
How to Donate: Floor looms must be evaluated by a guild volunteer before they can be donated to WGM. Email a photo of your loom plus a description to email@example.com.
Small Equipment & Tools for Weaving & Spinning
- We accept equipment in good working condition. Examples: small looms, frame looms, inkle looms, table looms, pin looms. We are able to make small repairs.
- We accept weaving and spinning tools that are in good working condition. Examples: shuttles, bobbins, ball winders, swifts, temples, warping boards, hand cards. Items should be clean and free of rust or fiber.
- We accept spinning wheels that are in good working condition.
- We do not accept display wheels, antique wheels or wheels without bobbins.
- We do not accept equipment for quilting, embroidery/needlepoint tools or canvas, knitting/crochet tools or kits, etc. The Textile Center may be interested in these donations.
How to Donate: Items can be dropped off at the guild during office hours.
- We accept weaving yarns, handspun yarn, and knitting/crochet yarn.
- Yarn must be clean and free of odors.
- We do not accept: yarn with insect damage, partially finished projects, fabric. (Please contact Textile Center for fabric donations.)
How to Donate: Yarn can be dropped off at the guild during office hours. Due to a limited amount of space, if you are donating more than two garbage bags of yarn, please contact the guild to arrange a time.
- We accept fiber in like-new condition. Fiber should be clean and ready to spin or felt.
- We do not accept: unwashed fleece, felt or felted items, or fabric.
How to Donate: Fiber can be dropped off at the guild during office hours. Due to a limited amount of space, if you are donating more than two garbage bags of fiber, please contact the guild to arrage a time and confirm acceptance.
- We accept literature related to weaving, spinning & dyeing.
- Select items may be added to the guild library if needed.
- Books must be in good condition, pages and spine intact, and free of odors.
- As of June 1, 2021: We are not accepting magazines at this time.
How to Donate: Books can be dropped off at the guild during office hours.