UPCOMING DONATION ACCEPTANCE DAYS at WGM: See the UPCOMING EVENTS calendar on the home page.
We will accept donations during our Donation Days on-site at WGM during business hours. Please read the guildelines below. As always, we do not accept floor looms on-site. If you are unsure if your items will fit the guidelines, email a photo and description to firstname.lastname@example.org
For inquiries concerning donations of floor looms: email email@example.com
The Guild is happy to receive donations of items related to weaving and spinning. Donated items are sold via Fiber Source or the WGM Classifieds to support guild programs.
- We accept floor looms in good working condition.
- Floor looms are re-sold through the WGM Classifieds
- We do not accept floor looms on-site.
How to Donate: Floor looms must be evaluated by a guild volunteer before they can be donated to WGM. Email a photo of your loom plus a description to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Small Equipment & Tools for Weaving & Spinning
- We accept equipment in good working condition. Examples: small looms, frame looms, inkle looms, table looms, pin looms. We are able to make small repairs.
- We accept weaving and spinning tools that are in good working condition. Examples: shuttles, bobbins, ball winders, swifts, temples, warping boards, hand cards. Items should be clean and free of rust or fiber.
- We accept spinning wheels that are in good working condition.
- We do not accept display wheels, antique wheels or wheels without flyers.
- We do not accept equipment for quilting, embroidery/needlepoint tools or canvas, knitting/crochet tools or kits, etc. Textile Center may be interested in these donations.
- We accept weaving yarns, handspun yarn, and knitting/crochet yarn.
- Yarn must be clean and free of odors.
- We do not accept: yarn with insect damage, partially finished projects, fabric. Textile Center may by interested in fabric donations.
- We accept fiber in like-new condition. Fiber should be clean, free and odors, and ready to spin or felt.
- We do not accept: unwashed fleece, felt or felted items, or fabric.
- We accept literature related to weaving, spinning & dyeing.
- Select items may be added to the guild library if needed.
- Books must be in good condition, pages and spine intact, and free of odors, stains.
- As of June 1, 2021: We are not accepting magazines other than Vav or Weavers Journal.
- We do not accept: project or class notes, knitting/crochet/embroidery patterns or magazines.