About our donations program:
WGM accepts select items related to weaving, spinning and dyeing for re-sale. WGM assesses and prices items for sale to members and the general public. Donated items are sold via the Fiber Source store or the WGM Classifieds. Proceeds support guild programming.
Your donation makes books, yarn and fiber supplies, and the tools and equipment of our crafts, available and affordable to new makers, while also keeping items out of the landfill. Thank you for supporting the Weavers Guild of Minnesota.
UPCOMING DONATION ACCEPTANCE DAYS
We accept donations of supplies on specified days only. See the calendar on the home page for the next acceptance days.
Floor Looms: WE DO NOT ACCEPT FLOOR LOOMS ON-SITE.
- We accept floor looms in good working condition.
- Floor looms are re-sold through the WGM Classifieds
- We do not accept floor looms on-site.
How to Donate: Floor looms must be evaluated by a guild volunteer before they can be donated to WGM. Email a photo of your loom plus a description to email@example.com.
Small Equipment & Tools for Weaving & Spinning
- We accept items in good working condition. We are often able to make small repairs.
- Items should be clean and free of rust, fiber, or their last project.
- Allowable Weaving Equipment: small looms, frame looms under 3′, inkle looms, table looms, pin looms. Please, no Beka rigid heddle looms or parts.
- Allowable Tools: shuttles, bobbins, ball winders, swifts, temples, warping boards, hand cards.
- Allowable Spinning Equipment: spinning wheels in good working condition. Please, no display/antique wheels or wheels without flyers.
- We accept weaving yarns, handspun yarn, and knitting/crochet/multiuse yarn.
- Fiber and yarn must be clean and free of odors.
Books & Media
- We accept literature related to weaving, spinning, creativity/design, & dyeing.
- Books must be in good condition, pages and spine intact, and free of odors, stains.
- Select items may be added to the guild resource library.
- We do not accept most magazines. Vav and Weavers Journal excepted.
- We do not accept equipment for quilting, embroidery/needlepoint tools or canvas, knitting/crochet tools or kits, etc.
- We do not accept rigid heddle looms with teeth on the front and back bar.
- We do not accept display spinning wheels, antique wheels or wheels without flyers.
- We do not accept yarn with insect damage, partially finished projects, fabric.
- We do not accept unwashed fleece, felt or felted items.
- We do not accept project or class notes, knitting/crochet/embroidery patterns, or general magazines.
- Another craft or textile organization may be interested in your items. A list of Midwest guild and fiber organizations can be found: https://textilecentermn.org/guilds/