EQUIPMENT AND SPACE RENTAL IS ON PAUSE DUE TO COVID-19. EFFECTIVE MARCH 2020. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN THE DRAFT AND REFLECTED ON THIS PAGE.
Is a lack of a studio space and equipment slowing you down? Do you need a creative escape? WGM is here to help! The classrooms and equipment are available for WGM Members to work on fiber projects. We also have a kitchenette, so feel free to bring snacks and settle in for hours of creativity! Equipment is available during WGM business hours; please check the calendar on the homepage for room availability and then call/email the office to confirm availability and reserve your spot. Use of equipment is a Member benefit:join WGM or renew your membership.
The equipment rental fees listed are current as of September 1, 2019.
Floor Loom equipment
- Schacht floor looms, 8 Harness, 26″ – 36″ weaving width
- Kessenich floor looms, 8 Harness, 42″ weaving width
- Glimakra Countermarch looms, 8 Harness, 48″ weaving width
- Warping reel
- Warping boards, bobbin winders, and other tools
Floor Loom on-site Rental Rate: $9 per day or $50 for two weeks.
- Schacht 20″ Flip rigid heddle looms
- Schacht inkle looms
- Rigid heddle looms and inkle looms can go off-site with a rental deposit
Portable loom on/off-site Rental Rate: $9 per day or $50 for two weeks.
Spinning wheels and equipment, in the Spinning Room
- Double & single treadle spinning wheels from a variety of manufacturers: Ashford, Kromski, Majacraft, Lendrum, Louet and Schacht
- Electric Spinning Wheels (e-spinners)
- Drum and hand carders, flickers, and other tools (wool combs, niddy noddies, lazy kates, ball winders, yarn swifts, scales, yarn balances)
- Fine fiber drum carder; other drum carders
- Electric drum carder
Electric Drum Carder Rental: requires a safety orientation prior to use. Email email@example.com to schedule an orientation.
Spinning wheel rental rates: $9 per day or $50 for two weeks. Some spinning wheels can be taken off-site with deposit: Ashford Kiwi wheels, Louet single-treadle wheels, Lendrum single- and double-treadle wheels.
WGM classes and workshops receive priority for room and equipment use. Contact the office for availability and to reserve a loom, spinning wheel, or the electric drum carder – 612-436-0463 or firstname.lastname@example.org