Monthly giving is the best way to support the Weavers Guild of Minnesota and has the most impact dollar for dollar. Sign up here to set up an automatic monthly payment, processed through Paypal. You can cancel at anytime, by logging in to your paypal account.
- Online gifts can be made securely with a credit card or PayPal account, processed via PayPal
- Call the office at 612-436-0463 to contribute over the phone
- Mail your contribution via mail to: Weavers Guild of Minnesota, 3000 University Ave SE. Minneapolis, MN 55414
What are they?
They make your gift go further! A matching gift is a charitable donation by a corporation that matches an employee’s donation to an eligible nonprofit organization, most often dollar for dollar. In addition, 65% of Fortune 500 companies offer a matching gift program, and some companies even double, triple, or quadruple donations.
You can check to see if your employer has a matching gift program by searching here>
WGM is happy to receive donations of items related to weaving and spinning. Donated items are evaluated for use in WGM programs or sold to students and the public to help support educational programming. Please click here to read more about donating your yarns, fibers, spinning or weaving equipment.
Did you know you can support our programming by shopping?
Select “Weavers Guild of Minnesota” as your charity on AmazonSmile. AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the same experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization.
via Shop with Scrip
The Shop With Scrip program for non profit organizations lets you purchase gift cards for different retailers, with benefits going to your favorite non-profit organization. There are many retailers to choose from on their platform. How to enroll: Go to www.shopwithscrip.com Click “Register”. Click “Join a Scrip Program”. Click “Dashboard”, Click “Account Settings/Manage Non-Profits” and enter our organization enrollment code (623332LD55318) to join “Weavers Guild of Minnesota” as the benefit non-profit organization. Then start shopping and earning. *Please select the PrestoPay payment option only at checkout.
via Schwan’s Cares Food Delivery
Friends and family know they can easily support your campaign with up to 40% cash back with each purchase from Schwan’s Home Service, Inc. through this link: https://www.schwans-cares.com/c/38662
via Fresh Thyme Giving Bag Program
Check out the amazing Fresh Thyme Giving Bag Program! The program offers a special Giving Bag featuring a Giving Tag which allows shoppers to direct a $1 donation to qualifying non-profits. This is a great opportunity for us to raise money simply through the sale of a reusable shopping bag! Visit any Fresh Thyme store, buy a few of the Giving Bags and direct the donations to us! And remember to spread the word – the more bags purchased, the bigger donation to WGM. For more information about the Fresh Thyme Giving Bag Program, visit freshthyme.bags4mycause.com.
A memorial gift is a beautiful way to remember a special person while at the same time sustaining the Guild’s community of weavers, spinners, and dyers. Thoughtful memorial gifts make it possible for the Guild to continue offering programs and services that generations have enjoyed. Donations to the Weavers Guild of Minnesota Memorial Fund will be used to support education programs and member services. After you have made your contribution, an acknowledgement letter will be sent to the person you designate and a tax receipt will be sent to you. We do not specify the amount of the donation unless you request it. Memorial and tribute donations to the Weavers Guild of Minnesota are fully tax-deductible, as provided by law. You may make a contribution online with a credit card or PayPal account, email or call WGM at 612-436-0463 for assistance or to contribute over the phone.
Hilma Berglund Society
Today, Hilma Berglund Society members follow in Hilma’s innovative footsteps by stepping forward and making a difference in field of weaving, spinning and dyeing. With an annual gift, Hilma Berglund Society members establish themselves as true creative leaders. Their generosity ensures that the Weavers Guild of Minnesota will always be there to preserve and advance the arts of weaving, spinning and dyeing for decades to come. Hundreds of students and individuals rely on the high quality educational programming that the Weavers Guild of Minnesota delivers each year. But to sustain our services and programs, we depend on a foundation of committed and focused supporters. Your annual support ensures that we will always be ready and able to offer top quality educational programming in communities across Minnesota and beyond.
Join the Hilma Berglund Society
With a annual gift from $1,000, you join a special group of individuals who exemplify the creative leadership and vision of one of our founders. In appreciation of your support as a Hilma Berglund Society member, we offer:
• Regular updates on the impact of your generosity
• Special recognition to honor your dedication to the Weavers Guild of Minnesota
• Additional experiences to show how your gift makes a difference in your community
The Weavers Guild of Minnesota is a 501c3 organization (Federal Tax ID: 23-7423013). All contributions are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. To join the Hilma Berglund society, you may make a contribution online with a credit card or PayPal account or call WGM at 612-436-0463 for assistance on how to join over the phone.
“One lifetime isn’t long enough for all the things I’d like to do.”
Planned Giving – Leave a Legacy
Planned giving is the process of donating planned gifts. A planned gift is a contribution that is arranged in the present and allocated at a future date. Commonly donated through a will or trust, planned gifts. What are some of the possible benefits of planned gifts?
- Donors can give to a certain campaign or to the annual fund, but rarely do they have the chance to detail exactly how their money should be spent within the organization. Planned gifts put complete power in the donor’s hands.
- Donors can contribute appreciated property, like securities or real estate, receive a charitable deduction for the full market value of the asset, and pay no capital gains tax on the transfer.
- Donors who establish a life-income gift receive a tax deduction for the full, fair market value of the assets contributed, minus the present value of the income interest retained; if they fund their gift with appreciated property they pay no upfront capital gains tax on the transfer.
- Gifts payable to charity upon the donor’s death, like a bequest or a beneficiary designation in a life insurance policy or retirement account, do not generate a lifetime income tax deduction for the donor, but they are exempt from estate tax.
What type of planned gifts are possible?
Choosing the right planned gift depends on your personal circumstances and financial goals. Please consult with your financial advisor.
- Bequests – You may make a bequest or gift through your estate by including a provision in your will or living trust, or by naming WGM as a beneficiary of a retirement plan (ex. Roth IRA) or life insurance policy. The amount left to WGM can be expressed as a dollar amount or as a percentage of the assets to be given.
- Life Income Gift – A life income gift allows you to give assets to WGM while providing yourself or others with income for a period of time before WGM is permitted to use your gift. You may make a life income gift by transferring securities, cash, or other property to WGM.
- Charitable Gift Annuities
- Charitable Remainder Unitrusts
- Charitable Remainder Annuity Trusts
- Pooled Income Funds
- Charitable Lead Trusts
- Donor Advised Funds
With a planned gift, you will automatically become part of the Hilma Berglund Society, joining a special group of individuals who exemplify the creative leadership and vision of one of our founders and will receive all the Hilma Berglund Society member benefits. The Weavers Guild of Minnesota is a 501c3 organization (Federal Tax ID: 23-7423013). All contributions are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
To join the Hilma Berglund society, you may make a contribution online with a credit card or PayPal account or call WGM at 612-436-0463 for assistance on how to join over the phone.
“Planned giving serves a dual purpose. On the one hand, planned gifts help support worthy causes. At the same time, they can be useful in helping individuals make more substantial gifts, as well as address their own financial needs.”
Corporate philanthropy is one component of corporate social responsibility while supporting non profit causes. Corporate philanthropy includes a wide cross-section of companies in every industry, from small, family firms to larger firms, WGM may be a good partner in support. Please review our sponsorship deck here for more details. We love custom partnerships, too. Please contact us with your ideas! Thank you for your support of our mission of preserving and advancing the arts of weaving, spinning, and dyeing since 1940. The Weavers Guild of Minnesota is a 501c3 organization (Federal Tax ID: 23-7423013). All contributions are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
Questions? Please contact us here.