Become a member
Become a member of the Weavers Guild of Minnesota and take advantage of these great benefits:
- Receive member-rate tuition on classes and workshops, led by talented and knowledgeable teaching artists. Members receive a generous 20% discount off their tuition for most classes.
- Priority registration for classes and workshops.
- Listen to talented fiber artists at our engaging member programs! Member meetings are normally held September-May, on the second Thursday night, at WGM. Programs include talks by workshop artists, member-led presentations, a winter social, and our annual spring potluck. Member meetings are free for members.
- Meet, network, and share your knowledge with other fiber artists at WGM events.
- Stay up to date with opportunities, events, and class postings with the bi-weekly members’-only enewsletter, The Draft. Over 60% of our members open The Draft– Thank you!
- Sell your creations at WGM’s annual artist sale and receive 74% of your sales. Free for first-time participants.
- Rent specialty equipment at members’-only rates and use our quality equipment and tools in classes and interest groups. Members can also use on-site tools, such at warping boards, bobbin winders, and manual drum carders, at no charge.
- Dive deep into a particular technique or topic by joining a self-directed Member Interest Group. Groups can meet at WGM at no charge and advertise their meetings through The Draft and our website.
- Access the Weavers Guild Reference Library and Swatch Collection.
- Access the Textile Center Library, the largest circulating textile library in the nation with a professional librarian. Our members have borrowing privileges and access to their extensive collection, including weaving and spinning books, dvds, and magazines.
WGM members can opt-in to share their information with other members, via this directory published a few times per year and emailed to those who’ve signed up.
Want to give a gift membership?
A WGM Membership is a gift that keeps giving all year long.
Gift memberships can be purchased via our Fiber Source supply store or by calling the office 612-436-0463. Please be prepared with the recipient’s address and email.