Weavers Guild of Minnesota (WGM)
Mission: Preserving and Advancing the arts of weaving, spinning and dyeing since 1940.
Location: 3000 University Ave. SE, Suite 100 (located in Textile Center) On green-line
Position: Part-time Retail Assistant (Part-time – Saturdays).
WGM seeks an employee to join our team to work two Saturdays a month supporting our education programs and selling merchandise and classes in our Fiber Source shop. This is a critical customer service position to assist WGM instructors, students, members and walk-in customers.
- Open and close office, classrooms and Fiber Source shop.
- Assist in-person and phone customers with a wide variety of questions through prompt greetings and courteous customer service.
- Learn and use POS system to accurately process sales and class registrations.
- Complete assigned merchandising and office tasks.
- Maintain knowledge of current class offerings, merchandise selection and policies regarding sales and security practices.
- Maintain store appearance by straightening and cleaning.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Available to work an average of two Saturdays a month – 9:30am-5:00pm
- Reliable, self-starter who can take full responsibility for office and shop operations
- Basic internet and computer knowledge
- Previous customer service experience
- Weaving, spinning, dyeing or other fiber-related knowledge and interests
- Occasional availability for weekday work as fill-in for staff vacations
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
Pay rate: $15/hour
Start Date: January, 2019
Reports to: Operations Manager
To apply: Send cover letter, resume, and three references (phone number and email) by Sunday, December 16th, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “WGM Retail Assistant” in the subject heading.
No phone calls please.