Fiber Source is the weaving and spinning supply store located in the Weavers Guild. It’s stocked with a wide range of new yarns, books and tools and an ever changing supply of donated fiber, books and tools. Feel free to browse and get inspired for your next project! There are always bargains along with the standard lines of fiber and tools. We offer supplies especially catered to the beginning weaver or spinner who is starting their journey at WGM.
Fiber Source hours: Monday through Saturday, 10am to 5pm. We accept: cash, check (made out to WGM) or credit card. If WGM is open but no one is available to process your payment, please use the self-checkout option provided. (Instructions and locked payment box at the desk.)
Our range of yarn and equipment in Fiber Source is always changing, but here are some of the many products we carry:
New Yarn & Fiber
- Perle Cotton in 3/2, 5/2, 10/2
- 8/2 Unmercerized Cotton
- 8/4 Carpet Warp
- 8/2 & 16/2 Bamboo
- 8/2 Tencel
- Harrisville Shetland Wool; Harrisville Highland Wool
- Ashford Corriedale roving, dyed and undyed
New Books & Magazines
- Beginning weaving and spinning books, popular titles include: “A Handweavers’s Pattern Book” (M. Davison), “The Weaver’s Idea Book” (J. Patrick), “Rag Rug Handbook” (Meany and Pfaff), “The Handweaver’s Pattern Directory” (A. Dixon), “Learning to Weave” (D. Chandler), “The Spinner’s Book of Yarn Designs” (Anderson)
- Other books related to: pattern weaving, tapestry, rag rug weaving, rigid heddle, inkle loom and off-loom techniques, braids and embellishments, dyeing, spinning
- HandWoven and Spin-Off magazine
- We carry products by Schacht Spindle & Company
- Weaving products may include: shuttles (stick, rag, boat), bobbins, swifts, bobbin winders, heddle hooks, tapestry beaters, card weaving cards, warping pegs, warping boards, Cricket rigid heddle looms, inkle looms, pin looms.
- Spinning products may include: wheel oil, hand carders, drop spindles
- WGM is a dealer for Schacht Equipment. For more information or to place an order, please call WGM or email: email@example.com
- WGM has a volunteer group that creates small kumihimo kits for sale
In-kind Equipment/Materials Donations
- Books: related to weaving, spinning, dyeing, and other fiber related arts
- Magazines: donated copies of Handwoven, Spin-Off, Shuttle, Spindle & Dyepot
- Equipment: rigid heddle looms, table looms, heddles, shuttles, spinning equipment
- Fiber: roving
- Yarn: weaving, knitting, silk, linen, cotton, wool, synthetic; sold in small packages or by the cone
A WGM gift certificate is a great way to share the joy of weaving, spinning and dyeing. WGM gift certificates can be applied toward classes, and/or items for sale in the WGM store, Fiber Source. All certificates expire two years from the date of issue (no exceptions).
To purchase, please stop at WGM, or call the office to pay with a credit card. If you would like us to mail the certificate, please allow 5 business days for handling. To use, please present the gift certificate at the time of purchase or registration. Not valid for online sales.
- $75 for yarn, equipment & books
- $100 for Membership + supplies
- $150-350 for a class or workshop
You can give the gift of a WGM gift certificate, here>
You can give the gift of WGM membership, here>
WGM is an authorized dealer
Have you visited WGM’s Fiber Source store in the last 3 months? Please tell us about your store experience by filling out this brief survey and in return you will be entered in a drawing for a free WGM gift certificate. Thank you!