Join in celebrating Textile Center’s 25th birthday! Let’s Make a Birthday Card!
All WGM members–in all media–are invited to participate in a collaborative art project honoring the birth of Textile Center. As many of you know, Textile Center was founded by 4 women who were members of the Weavers Guild of Minnesota (Nedra Granquist, Paula Pfaff, Carla Adams, and Margaret Miller) as well as many other fiber and textile enthusiasts who wanted a place where fiber and textiles would be in the spotlight. On April 1, Textile Center will be throwing itself a party and open house to celebrate their birthday!
Join your fellow WGM members as we create an 11 x 17 birthday card for display. We’re inviting all WGM members to contribute a 1.5” square or swatch. The squares and swatches will be joined together to create a birthday card for Textile Center–one which showcases the creativity and artistry of our guild members. All of Textile Center’s affiliated guilds have been invited to participate in the birthday card project. The cards will be displayed on the guild wall in the hallway of Textile Center in the month of April.
Want to participate? Here are some suggestions/possible techniques to get your creative juices flowing:
- Weave a square using tapestry, pin loom, or off loom techniques
- Submit a swatch of a woven or dyed project of your creation
- Showcase your handspun yarn in a yarn wrap around cardstock, a knit sample, or a felted work
- Each individual member may submit one swatch (you must be a current member of WGM at the time of dropoff)
- Each WGM Interest or Study Group may submit one square on behalf of their group
- With your entry, please include your name, materials, and technique(s) used
- All entries must measure 1.5 inches square
- If submitting a woven swatch with finished selvages, please make your swatch 1.5” by 1.5”
- If submitting a woven swatch with cut or unfinished edges, please make your sample to 2” by 2” to include extra fabric for seaming and mounting
- All entries are due to WGM on March 15 by 5pm to allow time for mounting and finishing of the final card
- Your entry will not be returned and will become the property of WGM upon submission
Entries may be dropped off or mailed to WGM:
Weavers Guild of MN
Attn: Birthday card
3000 University Ave SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414
Questions? Please contact Karin: email@example.com