Call for Guild Ambassadors at the Minnesota State Fair
Did you know that WGM volunteers demonstrate every hour, every day of the Minnesota State Fair? The Weavers Guild has a permanent demonstration space in the Creative Activities Department building, where we have a floor loom, a spinning wheel and room for off-loom techniques. We have three volunteers at any given time, answering questions and showing off their skills.
Demonstrating at the Fair provides an amazing opportunity to bring the activities of weaving and spinning to life for fairgoers. Your four hour shift also gives you free entry into the Fair to explore all the Fair has to offer. Join us!
What you should know in 2021:
- For the safety of everyone, we ask that our volunteers be fully vaccinated
- Additional protocols will be announced in the packet that is mailed to you with your ticket.
- WGM is following the guidelines set by the MN State Fair
Want to be part of the fun? Here’s how:
- View the sign up sheet and pick your slots. Register by August 8 to receive your info by mail.
- A ticket for free entry into the fair, along with the demonstration schedule and a “need to know” guide, will be mailed to you the week of August 9.
- WGM will provide a floor loom to weave on, a wheel and some drop spindles, and some small looms, along with other fiber samples. More info in the packet.
- Demonstrate your skills! It doesn’t matter if you are a beginner or an expert, you will wow the crowds.