Want to have one-on-one instruction with an experienced, knowledgeable instructor? Set your personal goals and find the schedule that works for you. Private lessons are available for spinning with wheel, four or eight harness floor loom, table loom, rigid heddle frame loom, and ply-split braiding. Whether it’s your first time or you are an advanced weaver or spinner, private lessons will give you what you need to take your confidence to the next level.
Register for Private Lessons
Click on the appropriate Private Lesson Questionnaire button and complete the information. WGM will contact you to schedule your lessons with one of our instructors. Keep in mind some private lessons have a handout/material fee, payable to the instructor. Yarn is available for purchase at WGM.
WGM asks that you carefully review the available private lesson selections below and choose the option that best fits your needs. Students must complete their hours within four-weeks of the start date of the private lesson.
- Beginning Floor/Table Loom Weaving 10 Hour Package. Fee: $400 Individuals who own table looms are welcome to register for a floor loom private lesson. WGM does not provide table looms.
- Beginning Rag Rug Weaving 12 Hour Package. Fee $480.
- Beginning Rigid Heddle (frame loom) Weaving 5 Hour Package. Fee $200.
- Beyond Beginning to Advanced Weaving Floor, table, or frame loom. WGM does not provide table looms. Lessons are $40 per hour, with a two hour minimum commitment. Total hours are determined by the instructor and student, after reviewing the student’s goals and interests.
- Beginning Spinning Wheel 4 Hour Package. Fee: $160
- Beyond Beginning to Advanced Spinning. Lessons are $40 per hour, with a two hour minimum commitment. Total hours are determined by the instructor and student, after reviewing the student’s goals and interests.
Cancellation Policy: A 48-hour cancellation notice is required. Students canceling any scheduled session(s) can reschedule before the end date of the private lesson package subject to the availability of the instructor and WGM facility. WGM will not issue refunds for unused hours or cancellations taking place 48 to 0 hours before a private lesson.
All private lessons will take place at the Weavers Guild of Minnesota (WGM), located in the Textile Center at 3000 University Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55414.