WGM – Preserving and advancing the arts of weaving, spinning, and dyeing.
Since its founding in 1940 by six women, including Hilma Berglund, the Weavers Guild of Minnesota has established itself as a nationally-recognized resource for the arts of weaving, spinning, and dyeing. The Guild offers classes and events year round, serving nearly 700 new and experienced fiber artists each year. It was the catalyst in the formation of the Textile Center, where the Guild currently maintains classroom, retail, and library space.
WGM Founders & Charter Members, 1940:
Mrs. Harvey Fuller
Mrs. George Glocker
Mrs. F.F. Grout
Mrs. H.D. Meyers
Mrs. M.B. Ogle
Mrs. Curtis H. Pomeroy
Mrs. Harry Zimmermann
Join us for a class or event, and be a part of a friendly, creative community!
The Weavers Guild of Minnesota is located in the Textile Center. Centrally located, we are minutes away from the University of Minnesota campus, restaurants, and shopping. We are located in the Prospect Park neighborhood across the street from the Prospect Park Station of the METRO Green Line light rail.